Access Control System Installation and Service Houston
Access control systems facilitate automated approval for permitted employees to enter authorized areas without human permission. Typically, personnel must present a credential to the system to verify their access. Therefore, these systems are an essential part of an overall security plan that should deter and reduce violations of security policies.
What Are Access Control Systems?
Access control systems are based on the idea that it’s not cost-effective to issue keys to every employee who needs them. Likewise, it’s cost-prohibitive to rekey a facility if someone loses their key. Finally, these access control systems can limit employee entrance by security clearance or time of day.
Having an access control system means using a form of verification, also called a credential, to allow personnel to an authorized area. This credential can be something carried, like a card or token, something assigned, like a personal ID number, or something biological, like an iris or a fingerprint. The system scans the credential and either grant or denies access.
Most access control systems use card-based credentials; these can be used for thousands of doors and sensors connected to the company network. However, biometric authentication is the most secure option, making it possible to use them as the sole means of verification.
Key Benefits of Access Control System Installation
Access control systems offer several security benefits, including:
- No dealing with traditional keys: Not only are traditional keys inconvenient, but they also pose several security threats. For example, if someone loses their key, it may be necessary to change every lock in the building to maintain security. Likewise, someone can make copies of their key. Access control systems allow you to remotely deactivate a lost card and assign personnel a new one.
- Keeps unauthorized visitors out: It’s much less likely that an unwanted visitor will enter a building secured by an access control system. With these systems, no door will unlock without a credential, so you know everyone in the building is supposed to be there.
- Grants employees freedom of movement: Keyed systems sometimes require security staff to stay late to lock up or unlock doors for employees. With access control systems, everyone can have a programmed card that grants more schedule flexibility without waiting for more staff.
- Track anyone who enters the facility: With this electronic system, you can easily track who comes and goes. As a result, if there is a security incident, you’ll know who swiped their cards in the affected area.
- Establish specialized parameters: Keyed systems give personnel access to a facility whenever they want. On the other hand, access control systems let you limit access based on the time and day.
- More security in sensitive areas: You can require credentials for entry into sensitive parts of the facility, such as records rooms or data centers.
Access Control System Repair and Installation
If you’re ready to upgrade your building security, we can install an access control system for flexible management.
Once we’ve finalized your plan and helped you choose your equipment, our technicians will install your system promptly. Afterward, we will provide all key personnel with in-depth training on using the new control system, and we can also assist with onboarding.
The job isn’t done at Sky after installation; we’re here for you long after we leave the system in your hands. So whether you’re unsure of how a feature works or face a technical issue, our experienced technicians are ready to help.
Sometimes these systems can malfunction and require service; if any components of your access control systems aren’t working correctly, call us right away to initiate a repair.
Contact Sky Today
Access control systems are a flexible and convenient way to upgrade your building security. Contact Sky today to learn more about how an access control system could work in your facility.